The Dirt.Simple Express - Winter 2017
On November 14, AGTEK hosted a one hour webinar on "Handling Drone Topos in AGTEK". The webinar addressed the role of progress topos and the advantage of using drones. Click here to view the video recording of the webinar.
AGTEK has recently released a special Gradework version of Sitework 4D for use in processing drone topos. Used in combination with Trackwork and AGTEK mobile apps, Gradework 4D equips project managers to effectively monitor production rates and moving-time efficiencies on their jobs from drone progress topos and equipment tracks.
The latest version of Earthwork 4D,(available here) has added an independent Report Regions layer for all user defined surfaces. Cut/Fill volumes for user defined surfaces may now be reported by regions. Enter new report regions for surfaces containing temporary sediment ponds or over-excavation. Copy/paste the design report regions into the user defined surfaces for multiple phase projects.
Enter separate report regions to manage your progress topos from RTK GPS or drone survey data.
AutoCAD recently released a new version with a file format that is no longer backwards compatible with previous versions of AutoCAD, as well as previous versions of Earthwork 4D. The latest version of Earthwork 4D now supports the reading of DWG/DXF files saved in AutoCAD version 2018. Files will no longer need to be saved to an earlier version of AutoCAD.
A recent Windows 10 update has affected a number of Earthwork 4D customers due to changes made to some video display drivers. The symptom is a black screen when going to the 3D View mode. To resolve this issue, click here to download and install the latest version of Earthwork 4D. If you continue to have this issue, please contact AGTEK Support at 1-800-248-3527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective January 1, 2018 AGTEK will no longer provide technical support for it's 3D products. Click here to download any 3D products before they are permanently removed from the website.
Time to renew your AGTEK Support Subscription. An AGTEK Support Subscription has many benefits, including:
- Access to the latest improvements and updates for your AGTEK software.
- Access to our very experienced and knowledgeable technical support through phone and email.
- Assistance with plan files in a variety of formats.
- Access to video tutorials on how to use all the power of your AGTEK software.
- Assistance optimizing your 3D site models for GPS machine control.
- Experienced GPS troubleshooting and application advice.
To sign up, please fax back your renewal letter or contact SubscriptionRenewal@agtek.com
Stay connected with AGTEK using several forms of social media, including Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To follow AGTEK on LinkedIn, Click here to view AGTEK's Linkedin home page, or click here to join the AGTEK Users Group. Visit our website at www.agtek.com and select the desired media of your choice.
There are currently four options to receive training on AGTEK software:
- You can sign up for training via the internet and complete your one-on-one training from the comfort of your own office. All that is required is the AGTEK software you wish to be trained on and a high-speed internet connection.
- Michael Cope is an authorized independent AGTEK trainer who offers regional seminar style classes across the country.
- View the online videos to train yourself at your own pace. Click the desired program, then choose the topic.
- Winter Hands-On Training Classes. Click here to sign up for hands-on training.
Click here to view a video demonstratinig all the new features in version 1.19.
How do I tell what version I have?
Open the program and Select Help>About Program Name from the menu.
How do I get the latest versions?
AGTEK Support subscribers can go to the Support - Downloads page and click on the desired program. Click the Download button to start the download and save the file to a known location. When the download is finished, double-click on it to start the installation program. Follow the installer directions to completion. A backup copy of the download can be saved for future use.
If you are not an AGTEK support subscriber, please click to ask for more information.